Srinakharinwirot University is in the central business district of Bangkok, capital city of Thailand. It is easily accessible by several public transports, including trains, sky trains, underground trains, and boats.
SWU was developed from two institutions: The Advanced Teacher Training School, founded in 1949 and the College of Education, founded in 1953. In 1974, it was named Srinakharinwirot University.
At present, SWU has four colleges and seventeen faculties at two campuses. Faculties in the fields of social sciences are at the Prasarnmit campus in downtown Bangkok. The newer health science-based faculties, plus the Faculty of Engineering, are in Ongkharak. All faculties and colleges offer Bachelor’s degrees and most also offer Master’s and Doctoral degree programs to meet the needs of society and the interests of students. Several faculties also run programs jointly with overseas institutions, broadening the University’s knowledge base. At the heart of every faculty is the desire to provide a well-rounded education and produce good citizens who will benefit the nation.
About Faculty of Education, SWU
Phone: (662) 649-5000 ext. 15597
Originated from the Advanced Teacher Training School founded in 1949 and the College of Education founded in 1953, Srinakharinwirot University has developed into a university offering a wide range of programs for Thai and international students. Faculty of Education has always been an integral part of Srinakharinwirot University, particularly in training educators at all levels from early childhood to secondary education, and from undergraduate to post-graduate levels of education. The faculty is committed to advancing the field of education through research, innovation, community partnership, and international collaboration.
Faculty of Education consists of seven academic departments, one center, and three demonstration schools as follows:
Academic Departments and Center
- Department of Adult Education and Lifelong Education
- Department of Curriculum and Instruction
- Department of Educational Administration and Higher Education
- Department of Educational Measurement and Research
- Department of Educational Technology
- Department of Guidance and Educational Psychology
- Department of Industrial Education
- Special Education Development Center
- Patumwan Demonstration School, Srinakharinwirot University
- Srinakharinwirot University Prasarnmit Demonstration School (Elementary)
- Srinakharinwirot University Prasarnmit Demonstration School (Secondary)